What is Sea Salt?
Sea salt is produced by sun drying and evaporating ocean water, usually in protected pools.
The difference between sea salt and table salt is:
Sea salt is 98% sodium chloride and 2% naturally occurring minerals (such as iodine, magnesium, sulfur, iron, etc.).
Table salt is 97%-99% sodium chloride and 1%-3% chemicals (such as sugar, bleaching agents, anti-caking ingredients, plus added iodine).
Salt? Celtic Sea
Personally, I use the
Celtic Sea Salt is the brand recommended by chefs for its taste and health practitioners for its health benefits, including Dr. Batmanghelidj for asthma and the “Allergy Cure.”
The Benefits of
Salt Celtic Sea
The reported benefits of Celtic Sea Salt include:
- Gives the body the salt it actually needs for healthy functioning.
- Has same mineral composition as ocean water and vital body fluids including blood plasma, lymphatic fluid, and extracellular fluid.
- Charged with 84 trace elements and minerals including calcium, potassium, magnesium, and natural lithium salts. “Charged” means they are go right to where the body needs them most.
- Will not store itself in your internal organs (such as the heart) or affect kidneys as processed table salts do.
- Helps clear sinus and bronchial congestion.
- Helps nourish adrenal glands which assist the immune system.
- Stimulates cellular energy.
- Enhances resistance to infections.
- Helps relieve mental disorders (including depression, aggression, and bipolar disorder).
- Acts the same as natural body salts do within the body.
- Actually helps reverse heart disease. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Aids digestion.
- Does not cause fluid retention in the body, as processed table salt does.
- Helps build healthy bones.
- Helps build healthy blood cells.
- Helps balance acidity in the body.
- Helps relieve allergies.
- Helps heal burns (not externally).
- Helps reduce shock and trauma.
- Promotes overall good health.
For all of these reasons and more, Celtic Sea Salt is considered the “guiltless” salt by most and can be used on everything.
“The Celtic Sea Salt is a wonderful, vital and essential food for the body. Today, when so many people are suffering from adrenal exhaustion, low blood pressure and mineral deficiencies, the
is an ideal and invaluable remedy. What makes the Celtic Sea Salt so magical is that it is one of the few foods left in nature that is not man made or man interfered with. So it has a composition of minerals that is naturally balanced and also has an ‘energy’ that is very harmonious to the body. Many chronic fatigue and adrenally exhausted patients greatly benefit from including the Celtic Sea Salt in their treatment regime.” Celtic Sea
– Dr. Shamim Daya
Salt Celtic Sea
Celtic Sea Salt is available in various types and sizes including:
Personally, I prefer the fine ground for all of my uses. It is a little pricier, but I find it easier to use.
Disclaimer: This article is intended as educational information only and is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The author is not engaged in rendering medical or other professional services. If expert assistance is required, please seek the services of a competent professional. You are 100% responsible for what you do (or don’t do) with it.